Friday, January 6, 2012

Update!

Ooook. So I had pretty grand expectations of this 30 day workout challenge....with pretty disappointing results. The day after my first "challenge day", I was experiencing some intense low back pain; I'm talking can't-even-walk-right-because-something-is-seriously-wrong kind of pain!! Needless to say, I was unable to continue on schedule with my intended 30 day challenge goal. (boohooo!!) It's a great thing I'm dating a chiropractor though, because he fixed me up in NO time!! We did some cold laser therapy, some active muscle release techniques, some good stretching, and of course some ROCKING adjustments, and my hips were feeling back to normal almost immediately! I knew I loved my chosen field for a damn good reason. ;)

So here's what I've been up to the past couple of days:
Tuesday: Day 1 of the Fitness Challenge
Wednesday: Light stretching, light yoga
Thursday: More light yoga, upper exercises with resistance bands (I did 30 reps of each with light resistance bands)
Today: My plan is to TRY to run my first 5k of the year. It is most definitely my NY resolution and I don't want to be deterred from it! If need be, I will walk some of it, but I have to start somewhere, right? =) So excited that it's GORGEOUS out today! I mean, come on....

This
Afternoon

Partly Sunny
Partly
Sunny
Hi 50 °F

How often do we have sunny and 50 in January!? I'm taking full advantage and getting OUTside today. Woohoo!

Well, darlings, here's to a beautiful weekend for you all! I will be checking in and updating you on some plans that I'm formulating for my continued fitness/diet success this year! =)

Xo,

Molly

No comments: